JMK Engineering Inc. is interested in hiring an excited and motivated electrical designer on a short term contract with possibility of full time employment. We are looking for candidates that are interested in electrical power system design and operation.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for:
- Researching available products and equipment to be integrated into the design
- Designing industrial control systems and specifying equipment
- Power system modelling for commercial and industrial facilities for Arc Flash Analysis in ETAP.
- Power system report writing, including developing recommendations.
- Electrical drawing production including layouts, single lines, schematics and wiring diagrams
- Occasional field services to record existing conditions of client sites under the direction of a Project Manager or Senior Engineer.
What we look for
A successful candidate will be: curious, driven, compassionate, tenacious, autonomous, collaborative, communicative, supportive, self-motivated, and have a strong sense of ownership.
Some relevant skills
- Strong understanding of power systems, specifically three phase power, induction and synchronous machines.
- Great oral and written communication skills. We work with many clients and partners across Canada and the US, in many different timezones. Great English grammar is critical for concise written communication.
- Enjoys solving problems.
- Experience in AutoCAD, ETAP and MS Access
- Familiar with reading schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Able to prioritize while working on multiple projects.
- Can travel to the US (have a passport)
JMK Engineering Inc. is head-quartered in Halifax, NS, but operates as a decentralized company. Everyone has an opportunity to work where they choose dependent on the project. So, you can work from home or a local co-working location; but may be required to travel to the local job site.
We believe that all employees need to take time for themselves so we offer a starting annual entitlement of three weeks vacation and five days sick leave.
Coming on board
When selected, the first interview will be completed via live instant message. Strong written communication is vital. This will be followed by an in-person or telephone interview.
Successful candidates will be invited to do a project together on contract, typically lasting between two to six weeks depending on your availability, to see how we work together.
Submit a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position, and a resume of all your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org